Providing Quality, Christ-Centered Education in North Central Iowa Since 1925
St. Paul’s Lutheran School, located in Latimer, Iowa, is a K-8 state accredited school founded in 1925 by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Latimer.
It is part of the 2500 Lutheran Schools across the United States associated with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS). While Lutheran doctrine is taught, students from many Christian denominations are currently represented and are welcome in the school.
St. Paul’s main goal is to assist parents in providing a Christ-centered education for their children which prepares them for vocations in service to God and neighbor.
St. Paul's At A Glance
St. Paul's offers a rich academic program with the Christian faith integrated into all academic classes, as well as extra curricular activities and classroom management. Our annual nationally recognized academic assessments put our students performing well above the national average and achieving at or above all grade level norms.
Weekly chapel services offer another opportunity to hear God’s Word and sing praises to the One who died for us.
Choir, instrumental lessons, band concerts with CAL school district (grades 5 -8), musicals, plays, and various fine arts festivals are provided throughout the school year.
Soccer, basketball, volleyball, and softball games and tournaments are held with surrounding Christian schools and offered at various grade levels.
Our success would not be possible without the support of the many volunteers who contribute their time, talents, and financial support.
Things We Offer
- State certified teachers who are dedicated to Christ and who daily model Christian faith and morals.
- Daily instruction in God’s Word.
- Close relationships between parents, teachers, school board, and students.
- Annual Iowa Assessments and biannual MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) tests.
- Bus transportation for students in the CAL school district.
- Transportation for Iowa Falls, Hampton, Sheffield and other Franklin County students and carpooling possibilities for those in other areas.
- A hot lunch program which includes free or reduced priced lunches for qualified families.
- Tuition assistance through our STO & Local Scholarship Programs.
- Special Services—speech, vision, hearing, and educational resources available from the AEA as needed.
- Band lessons through the CAL school district beginning in 5th grade.
- Technology infused curriculum beginning in the 2nd grade.