St. Paul’s Lutheran School, located in Latimer, Iowa, is a K-8 state accredited school founded in 1925 by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Latimer.
St. Paul’s main goal is to assist parents in providing a Christ-centered education for their children which prepares them for vocations in service to God and neighbor.
Why St. Paul's Is Different
Students are cared for and treated with respect and dignity. We believe each child is a gift from God, nurtured and led to become the best they can be.
Multi-grade classes allow for students to daily review or extend their learning, both as students and as peer helpers.
Small class size offers more potential for individual attention and flexibility in reaching different learning styles.
Teaching from a Biblical world view helps students learn about history, science, reading, math, and themselves through a Christian lens. It does not shelter them, but provides the ability to discern and defend God’s Word.
Test Scores demonstrate high academic standards. Iowa Assessments and MAP scores show that students are prepared for high school and beyond. Many students go on to be leaders in high school academics and more.
Family Atmosphere: Older students help younger students in chapel families, reading, or art activities. All the students know each other, and new faces are welcome. Being able to resolve differences, apologize, and receive forgiveness are practiced. Prayers are encouraged for thanks and supplication for students’ families.
St. Paul's At A Glance
St. Paul's offers a rich academic program with the Christian faith integrated into all academic classes, as well as extra curricular activities and classroom management. Our annual nationally recognized academic assessments put our students performing well above the national average and achieving at or above all grade level norms.
Weekly chapel services offer another opportunity to hear God’s Word and sing praises to the One who died for us.
Choir, instrumental lessons, band concerts with CAL school district (grades 5 -8), musicals, plays, and various fine arts festivals are provided throughout the school year.
Soccer, basketball, volleyball, and softball games and tournaments are held with surrounding Christian schools and offered at various grade levels.
Things We Offer
- State certified teachers who are dedicated to Christ and who daily model Christian faith and morals.
- Daily instruction in God’s Word.
- Close relationships between parents, teachers, school board, and students.
- Annual Iowa Assessments and biannual MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) tests.
- Bus transportation for students in the CAL school district
- Transportation for Iowa Falls, Hampton, Sheffield and other Franklin County students and carpooling possibilities for those in other areas
- A hot lunch program which includes free or reduced priced lunches for qualified families
- Tuition assistance through our STO & Local Scholarship Programs
- Special Services—speech, vision, hearing, and educational resources available from the AEA as needed.
- Band lessons through the CAL school district beginning in 5th grade.
- Technology infused curriculum beginning in the K-2nd grade.